Saturday, June 21, 2008

Looks like I picked the wrong month to start blogging!

As the days have passed this month, I really started to feel like Lloyd Bridges in the movie Airplane!.

As the events keep piling on top of one another, he says to himself that it was the wrong week to quit (blank) like smoking, drinking, speed, and sniffing glue.



OK, I don't do any of that, but I did find myself saying...Looks like I picked the wrong month to start blogging.

After my first posts, I noticed a decent bump in traffic due to my script for integrating Google Analytics with Google Docs and Spreadsheets. I got really excited and starting working on my next two scripts: Integrate Google Trends with Google Docs and Spreadsheets and Adding PR to my referring traffic reports in Google Analytics. After getting decent progress on the two scripts (the Trends script is about 50% done & the pageRanker script is closer to 85% done) I was hit with a triple whammy of time consuming events:
  1. At work, I am overseeing a full redesign of our 12+ sites and we just finished development and started QA in a compressed schedule
  2. At home, I had family visit from the USA. Absolutely excellent, but there goes lots of time...
  3. And finally, I have the fortunate distinction of being the parent responsible for making the end of year DVDs for the two public daycare centers in town. This project has given me such an appreciation for film editors and the time it takes to make quality shows.
The bad news is that all of these big-time to dos have cut into sleep and my feeble efforts at my nascent blog. The good news is that I see light at the end of the tunnel - not the bright light near-death experience kind of tunnel - but more like when you get stuck on a regional train and it finally starts moving again.

I hope to post back soon with some code updates and also my take on why I think the USA in the world today mirrors the recent experience of the USA Olympic basketball team.

If anyone out there has any suggestions for a good video editing tool that is flexible, feature-rich and does not require a monster of a machine to run, please leave a comment. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment