Evernote for S60 v5: hosted on Google Code.
After playing around with the WRT kit and navigating the documentation for the WRT kit and the beta version of platform services 2.0 (you would think these would be more easily available online!), I have created my first WRT App for Symbian v5 phones (eg, 5800XM and N97, etc...).
Version 1 of the app does the following:
- Provides 1 touch (or run in the background) access to Evernote online
- Add quick notes
- Search and view notes already uploaded to the service
- WRT still needs a lot more work before it is a very useful toolkit
- Its APIs are still fairly limited. I wanted to use the Messaging API to send e-mails directly from the application but no such API exists yet. It only supports MMS and SMS (and even the addressing of those messages is limited).
- Users should be able to set security preferences one time for an app and not have to approve every use of an API by an application. This is a problem with some Java apps as well. Users should have the choice to setup the security preferences one time for each app. The constant request for approval (just like Vista) is very frustrating.
- The new camera API looks promising, but until the e-mail api exists it will be useless for Evernote (although other apps could work fine).
Direct Download link:
Link to Google Code Project Page:
I'll try to add some screenshots soon.